SHOULD I USE A REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL?
advantages of working with an agent when buying a property include:
Access to Multiple Listing Service, in which every property
that is listed with a Real Estate Company can be pulled up and
Having a professional that is trained in negotiations, to help
strengthen your position in the transaction.
3. Agents experience in knowing the market trends and understanding
the investment potentials.
Referrals to other professionals, such as lenders, appraisers,
inspectors, contractors, and insurers to name a few.
5. Legwork including preview areas and properties to save you
from spending hours looking at properties you wouldn't even
6. In-house or ìpocket listingsî not yet on the
7. Using the resources of the agent such as their car, fax,
phone or e-mail saving you spending your own money.
8. The ability to access homes at your convenience, that you
normally wouldn't be able to view with out the approval of the
owner or agent.
9. Agents will order up all title work and set up closings along
with completion of all paper work needed to complete the transaction.
10. Best of all the commission is usually paid by the seller,
so there is no cost to you!
If you do not use an agent, you typically will not reduce the
commission or the selling price. The commission amount has already
been set between the seller and their listing agent. The listing
agent is not obliged to reduce their commission, just because
you don't have an agent.
Generally, the commission is a percentage of the selling price
(5% to 7% depending on the agent) paid to that agent representing
the seller. The agent representing the seller (also known as
the "listing" agent) may split the commission (known
as the "cooperate") with an agent representing the
buyer (known as the "selling" agent).
Agents have a duty to be fair, honest, deal in good faith, and
disclose material facts to both the buyer and seller. However
they have an added duty of utmost care, integrity, honesty,
and loyalty in dealings with either the buyer, seller or to
you should look for when obtaining an agent:
2. Sensitivity to your taste and needs
3. Commitment to your happiness
4. Business savvy.
5. Knowledge of the business
6. Ability to communicate your needs
7. Easy to get along with and spend time with
9. Referrals from past clients
10. Flexibility to work around your schedule